Uber Loachapoka, Alabama
What is Uber you may ask? Is Uber available in Loachapoka, Alabama It’s the coolest and cheapest private driver service. And Yes! Uber is available Loachapoka, Alabama! In fact, there is an appfor that available on both iPhone, Android and Windows phones! The following are a few helpful hints tips and trick to help your very first Uber ride in Loachapoka, Alabama
Just think about traveling to Loachapoka, Alabama for your vacation or business trip. You might think that the only way around is with a traditional, expensive taxi service or by public transportation which takes hours to get from one destination to another.
The lions share of consumers traveilng around the United States believe that these modes of transportation are reputable and would never try to scam a tourist or business traveler that has not had a chance to familiarize themselves with the area they are visiting.
After your reservations with the airline have been confirmed, and your hotel accomidations have been solidified, the only thing left on your todo list is figure out how you will get around town once you arrive. The nicer resorts and hotels have a shuttle service that will take you to and from the airport. But if your hotel does not have a shuttle, nor is near a bus stop; then really you only have 3 choices left.
- Friends or Relatives
- Traditional Taxicab
TaxiCabs have been in business in the USA since the invention of the autombile. Millions use traditional taxicabs all the time. Their big disadvantage is price and inconvience. If you are in densley populated area, you can usually hail a cab in 5 minutes, however, if you live in sparsley populated area, a cab can take 45 minutes to pick you up.
How To Use Uber in Loachapoka, Alabama
The following steps will make using Uber in Loachapoka, Alabama a breeze.
- It is easy to register. Start by clicking the graphic banner at the bottom to recieve your discount code. Once you are registered, the next step is to download the App by Uber from the app store, next you need to input your credit card account details, and verify that you have recieved your first time riders Discount Code for a FREE Ride. It is required that you enter the uber discount code prior to requesting your very first Uber ride in Loachapoka, Alabama.
- . Verify how many Uber Loachapoka, Alabamacars are available to pickup riders close to your location in Loachapoka, Alabama
- Next check how many cars, employed by Uber, are in the Loachapoka, Alabama area and are can pickup riders that are in your current eighborhood.
- Now it is time to summon a ride. The nearest driver for Uber driver in the Loachapoka, Alabama area gets the request, via their Uber Partners app, with your pickup destination.
- Make sure that you wither call or text the Uber driver with any information the driver will need to find you, such as out in front of a business. Reminder: If you live in a gated community, Do not forget to text the driver with your gate code!
- After the ride is complete, it is time to rat your experience. Please be mindful that a negative rating can severely hurt a drivers reputation, so only rate low if absolutely necessary.
- Its time to pay. Stop reaching for your wallet. All fares are taken care of via the credit card stored on your account. But don't fret, the first fare is on us. Tipping is appreciated, but not required (there is nowhere to add a tip,so it will have to be a cash tp).
Your Uber coupon code is:
Loachapoka, Alabama Information:
Loachapoka Town Hall (left) and Fred's Feed & Seed and Pickin’ Parlor (right)
Location in Lee County, Alabama
|Coordinates: 32°36′17″N 85°35′49″W / 32.60472°N 85.59694°W
| • Total
||1.2 sq mi (3 km2)
| • Land
||1.2 sq mi (3 km2)
| • Water
||0 sq mi (0 km2)
||679 ft (207 m)
| • Total
| • Summer (DST)
|GNIS feature ID
Loachapoka is a town in Lee County, Alabama, United States. It is located seven miles (11 km) west of Auburn in west-central Lee County. The population was 165 as of the 2000 census. It is part of the Auburn Metropolitan Area.
The name "Loachapoka" means "turtle killing place" in Muskogee, with locha meaning "turtle" and poga meaning "killing place." In literature, Lochapoka was the destination of the colonists in James H. Street's 1940 novel Oh, Promised Land.
- 1 History
- 2 Culture
- 3 Photo gallery
- 4 Geography
- 5 Demographics
- 6 Notable people
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Loachapoka was a Creek Indian town for some decades prior to white settlement. In the last census prior to the Native removal to Oklahoma, Loachapoka was found to have a population of 564. Upon settlement by Euro-Americans, Loachapoka—temporarily renamed Ball's Fork—became the regional trade center, a position that was reinforced in 1845 when it became the easternmost point on the railroad to Montgomery. Loachapoka's influence peaked in the early 1870s, when her population reached nearly 1,300. Within a few years, a collapse of trade due to the Panic of 1873 and additional rail lines in the area sent Loachapoka into economic decline. Loachapoka roughly stabilized as a small farming community by the mid-20th century, and by the early 2000s (decade) had become a small-town suburb of Auburn.
Loachapoka is home to two fall festivals, both held on the same day each fall—the annual Syrup Sopping Day [to the South of Highway 14] and the Lee County Historical Fair [at Pioneer Park, to the north of Highway 14.] Many fairgoers are not aware of the fact that they are actually attending two celebrations of area history. The Syrup Sop features the making of syrup in traditional methods from sorghum and ribbon cane. The Historical Fair features life in the 1850s in east central Alabama. Combined, the two events attract more than 20,000 people to Loachapoka annually. Loachapoaka is the home town of country music singer Freddie Hart.
The Lee County Historical Society Museum is located in an 1845 general store in the Loachapoka historic district, located at "Pioneer Park," a six and-a-half-acre park of 9 buildings and 5 gardens reminiscent of the 1850s in east central Alabama.
The post office in Loachapoka (ZIP code: 36865)
A general store built in 1845 now serves as The Lee County Historical Society Museum
The famous Syrup Sopping sign as seen from Alabama State Route 14
Fred's Feed & Seed, located in downtown Loachapoka, also serves as a music venue and "pickin' parlor." Fred's regularly features traditional barn dances on the first and third Thursdays of every month.
The Loachapoka Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 11, 1973.
The Ruth Purdy Speake House and Historic Marker
The now-defunct Rattling Gourd Gallery, Downtown Loachapoka
The Saugahatchee Creek, which runs through the area, serves as a popular swimming hole for locals during spring and summer months.
A span across The Saugahatchee Creek
Loachapoka is located at 32°36′17″N 85°35′49″W / 32.60472°N 85.59694°W (32.604844, -85.596890).
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.2 square miles (3.1 km2), all land.
|U.S. Decennial Census
Loachapoka, Alabama Weather
Why Is Uber Better than TaxiCab?
Uber has two advanatges over a traditional taxicab service.
Price - Uber costs less per ride than a traditional taxi service. Because drivers use their own personal vehicles instead of a costly commercial fleet, their costs are much lower than a traditional taxicab service.
Convience - Uber is an app based service with a clean and simple UI. Uber uses GPS coordinates to pinpoint the closest driver. They give you an updated Estimated Time of Arrival, for both when your Uber driver arrives at your door, and also an ETA for when are supposed to arrive at your destination.
Additional Uber City Coupon Codes