Uber Ashford, Connecticut
What is Uber you may ask? Is Uber available in Ashford, Connecticut It’s the coolest and cheapest private driver service. And Yes! Uber is available Ashford, Connecticut! In fact, there is an appfor that available on both iPhone, Android and Windows phones! The following are a few helpful hints tips and trick to help your very first Uber ride in Ashford, Connecticut
Just think about traveling to Ashford, Connecticut for your vacation or business trip. You might think that the only way around is with a traditional, expensive taxi service or by public transportation which takes hours to get from one destination to another.
The lions share of consumers traveilng around the United States believe that these modes of transportation are reputable and would never try to scam a tourist or business traveler that has not had a chance to familiarize themselves with the area they are visiting.
After your reservations with the airline have been confirmed, and your hotel accomidations have been solidified, the only thing left on your todo list is figure out how you will get around town once you arrive. The nicer resorts and hotels have a shuttle service that will take you to and from the airport. But if your hotel does not have a shuttle, nor is near a bus stop; then really you only have 3 choices left.
- Friends or Relatives
- Traditional Taxicab
TaxiCabs have been in business in the USA since the invention of the autombile. Millions use traditional taxicabs all the time. Their big disadvantage is price and inconvience. If you are in densley populated area, you can usually hail a cab in 5 minutes, however, if you live in sparsley populated area, a cab can take 45 minutes to pick you up.
How To Use Uber in Ashford, Connecticut
The following steps will make using Uber in Ashford, Connecticut a breeze.
- It is easy to register. Start by clicking the graphic banner at the bottom to recieve your discount code. Once you are registered, the next step is to download the App by Uber from the app store, next you need to input your credit card account details, and verify that you have recieved your first time riders Discount Code for a FREE Ride. It is required that you enter the uber discount code prior to requesting your very first Uber ride in Ashford, Connecticut.
- . Verify how many Uber Ashford, Connecticutcars are available to pickup riders close to your location in Ashford, Connecticut
- Next check how many cars, employed by Uber, are in the Ashford, Connecticut area and are can pickup riders that are in your current eighborhood.
- Now it is time to summon a ride. The nearest driver for Uber driver in the Ashford, Connecticut area gets the request, via their Uber Partners app, with your pickup destination.
- Make sure that you wither call or text the Uber driver with any information the driver will need to find you, such as out in front of a business. Reminder: If you live in a gated community, Do not forget to text the driver with your gate code!
- After the ride is complete, it is time to rat your experience. Please be mindful that a negative rating can severely hurt a drivers reputation, so only rate low if absolutely necessary.
- Its time to pay. Stop reaching for your wallet. All fares are taken care of via the credit card stored on your account. But don't fret, the first fare is on us. Tipping is appreciated, but not required (there is nowhere to add a tip,so it will have to be a cash tp).
Your Uber coupon code is:
Ashford, Connecticut Information:
Center of town in 1838
Location in Windham County and the state of Connecticut.
|Coordinates: 41°53′N 72°10′W / 41.883°N 72.167°WCoordinates: 41°53′N 72°10′W / 41.883°N 72.167°W
| • Type
| • First Selectman
||Michael J. Zambo (D)
| • Selectman
||Ralph H. Fletcher (D)
| • Selectman
||William A. Falletti (R)
| • Total
||39.5 sq mi (102.3 km2)
| • Land
||38.8 sq mi (100.5 km2)
| • Water
||0.7 sq mi (1.8 km2)
||531 ft (162 m)
| • Total
| • Density
||114/sq mi (44/km2)
| • Summer (DST)
|GNIS feature ID
Ashford is a town in Windham County, Connecticut, United States. It is part of the Connecticut Quiet Corner. The population was 4,317 at the 2010 census. It was founded in 1714. Eastford was a part of Ashford until 1847, when the former split off to organize its own town. For this reason North Ashford is located in northeast Eastford.
Ashford is home to the largest boy scout camp in Connecticut, the June Norcross Webster Scout Reservation; to Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang Camp for children with cancer and other serious illness; to the Salvation Army CONNRI Lodge and Conference Center; and to the Evangelical Christian Center, a retreat, camp and conference center.
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Flora and Fauna
- 4 On the National Register of Historic Places
- 5 Demographics
- 6 Notable People
- 7 Education
- 8 Religion
- 9 References
- 10 External links
President George Washington, returning from his tour of the country in the fall of 1789, was chagrined to be involuntarily abandoned in the village on a Sunday. It was contrary to law to hire a conveyance on that day, which was observed by villagers, to Washington's great annoyance.
New Ashford in Massachusetts is named after Ashford, as it was settled in 1762 by people from Ashford.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 39.5 square miles (102 km2), of which, 38.8 square miles (100 km2) of it is land and 0.7 square miles (1.8 km2) of it (1.80%) is water. The Mount Hope River flows through the middle of the town, from north to south, while Bigelow Brook flows along the town's eastern border with Eastford. Ashford has several lakes and ponds, notably Ashford Lake, Lake Chaffee, Knowlton Pond, Rychlings Pond, Halls Pond, Poole Pond, and Morey Pond.
Boston Hollow, a deep ravine, is located in Ashford, in the Yale-Myers Forest. Parts of Natchaug State Forest and Nipmuck State Forest are also located in Ashford, and both the Natchaug Trail and the Nipmuck Trail runs through the town. Joshua's Tract Conservation and Historic Trust has several nature preserved in town. Snow Hill located in the northwest corner of the town, is the highest point in Windham County at 1,210 feet.
Flora and Fauna
Ashford is located in the northeastern coastal forests, which is a temperate broadleaf and mixed forest ecoregion. Ashford is home to the Yale-Myers Forest, which is used by the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies for scientific research and education. The most famous tree in town is the Ashford Oak, a very large and old Northern Red Oak with a trunk that is 8 meters in circumference.
The last recorded sighting of periodic cicadas belonging to Brood XI of the 17-year variety occurred in Ashford in 1954 along the Fenton River.
On the National Register of Historic Places
- Ashford Academy — Fitts Road (added 1988)
- Church Farm — 396 Mansfield Road (added December 17, 1988)
- Knowlton Memorial Hall — 25 Pompey Hollow Road (added April 17, 1994)
- Mixer Tavern — 14 Westford Road (added April 17, 1994)
|Source:   
Ashford, Connecticut Weather
Why Is Uber Better than TaxiCab?
Uber has two advanatges over a traditional taxicab service.
Price - Uber costs less per ride than a traditional taxi service. Because drivers use their own personal vehicles instead of a costly commercial fleet, their costs are much lower than a traditional taxicab service.
Convience - Uber is an app based service with a clean and simple UI. Uber uses GPS coordinates to pinpoint the closest driver. They give you an updated Estimated Time of Arrival, for both when your Uber driver arrives at your door, and also an ETA for when are supposed to arrive at your destination.
Additional Uber City Coupon Codes